The South Carolina Summary Court Judges Association’s Executive Board has adopted the Scholarship Committee’s proposals and has established a Scholarship Fund. Any member in good standing with our Association will be eligible for these scholarship funds.
The following criteria must be met in order to qualify as a recipient for the scholarship funds:
1. The selection will be based on a judge’s individual needs.
2. Must be a member of the South Carolina Summary Court Judges’ Association.
3. Scholarship funding is available for in-state seminars/conferences/trainings only (SC Summary Court Judges’ Association, SC Bar, and South Carolina Court Administration approved courses).
4. Scholarship funding will be available for conference fees and lodging only. (3 nights maximum)
5. Must request funding through the county or municipality before applying for scholarship assistance (documentation to support request from county / municipality must be provided).
6. Six (6) months waiting period after receiving scholarship assistance from the South Carolina Summary Court Judges’ Association’s Scholarship Fund.
7. Only two (2) Judges from the same county or municipality will be eligible to receive scholarship funding (also includes the 6-month waiting period).
8. Attached application must be completely filled out and mailed or faxed to the Scholarship Committee Chair no later than 30 days prior to the requested school / conference.
All scholarship requests will be reviewed by the full committee and a timely report will be made to the South Carolina Summary Court Judges Association’s Executive Board as to the scholarship recipients and amounts that have been awarded by the Association. If you have any questions as to the requirements or the application, you may contact Judge Derrick Dash, Scholarship Committee Chair at (803) 533-6036 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.